Official Pearl Harbor Tours
Pearl Harbor is a place visited by thousands of tourists every month from all around the world. It holds a special place in the heart of people because of the significant role it played during WWII when the Japanese Forces attacked the U.S. Military Base on December 7, 1941.
Whether you are staying at Oahu, Maui, Big Island or Kauai, you can get in touch with a tour company that can look after your tour to Pearl Harbor. Discover Hawaii Tour is one such company that has been a leading figure in Hawaii from the past 20 years. You can select from a number of tour options that have been designed to ensure the best Pearl Harbor experience.
Your official Pearl Harbor tour will incorporate transportation, sightseeing, a skilled tour guide, and admission to the famous Pearl Harbor Visitor Center and the USS Arizona Memorial. In order to make the travel efficient and hassle-free, here is a detailed itinerary of Pearl Harbor tour that includes everything which you will be doing there:
Pearl Harbor Tour Itinerary:
The starting of your Pearl Harbor tour will be early in the morning when you will be picked up from the airport or your hotel by the tour guide. As you will travel towards your destination, the skilled tour guide will familiarize you with the history related to Pearl Harbor and narrate you the events that took place there.
The moment you will reach Pearl Harbor, you will go to see the WWII Valor in the Pacific National Monument after which you will get to see the Visitor Center and Museum. You will be having enough time to witness the various shops, exhibits and accurate replicas of objects that tell the story about that fateful day when Pearl Harbor was attacked.
After you have spent some time there, you will visit the USS Arizona Memorial and the USS Missouri Memorial. After this, you will be seeing the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific which is also known as the Punchbowl Cemetery. There are 38,000 markers that honor the US Armed Forces’ valiant soldiers who fought for the country.
But that is not all, as you will get to see other landmarks as well such as the Hawaii State Capitol Building, King Kamehameha Statue, and Iolani Palace. At the end of the tour, the guide will drive you back to your hotel or airport.
Other Notable Landmarks at Pearl Harbor
USS Arizona Memorial
The USS Arizona Memorial is among the top must-see places in your Pearl Harbor tour. It is raised as a memorial to the brave American soldiers who sacrificed their lives for this nation. The ship indicates the final resting place of more than one thousand martyred soldiers who fought for the protection of their country during the Pearl Harbor attack.
USS Missouri Memorial
The USS Missouri Memorial is a museum ship in Hawaii and among the highlights. It is popularly known as “Mighty Mo”. It was once a US Naval battleship and played a crucial part in the history of the United States because it was on her deck during the World War II that the Japanese Forces surrendered.
Honolulu is the capital city of Hawaii and it is often the first stop for travelers who come to visit Pearl Harbor from all over the world. Located on the island of Oahu, Honolulu is the best stop for tourists as it presents a peek into the Polynesian Culture and history.
National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific
The National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific is present in Honolulu. It is a military cemetery honoring the US Armed Forces. You can visit there and pay your respects to the fallen soldiers.
The Official Pearl Harbor Tours Include:
- Company of skilled and friendly tour guides who will present a correct and moving narration of the events that took place at Pearl Harbor
- Visit the Arizona Memorial WWII museum
- See the famous “Black Tears of the Arizona”
- Dramatic real footage depicting the Pearl Harbor attack
- See the Bowfin Submarine
- Witness the U.S. Pacific Fleet Headquarters building
- Boarding the Navy shuttle to reach the Arizona Memorial
- Familiarize yourself with the rich history and culture of Hawaii
- Hawaii State Capitol Building and Iolani Palace
- King Kamehameha Statue
- Always remember to bring a government-issued ID
- Due to security reasons at Pearl Harbor, you are not allowed to carry any concealable bags or item that can be used for hiding something. No iPad cases, clutch wallets or bags are allowed.
- You can use the storage which is preset at Pearl Harbor at minimal charges
- Ensure that you wear comfy clothes. Keep in mind that shirts and shoes are required on the USS Arizona Memorial. You are not allowed to wear any swimsuit.
- Make sure to wear comfortable shoes as you will have to walk a lot.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen!
- You can buy snacks at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center
Visit Pearl Harbor today and explore the World War II historical sites of America. Book your Pearl Harbor tours now!