For the freshest pineapple on Oahu, the Dole Pineapple Pavilion at Dole Plantation is the place to be! Sample refreshing, unique pineapple treats, shop for exclusive gifts and walk the pineapple garden to see exotic varieties of pineapple like the Red Saigon. Anything and everything pineapple you could ask for, Doles got it!
Businessman James Dole founded the Hawaiian Pineapple Company in 1901, soon becoming a household name in Hawaii and throughout the world for pineapples and fruits. The Dole Plantation attraction located in Wahiawa was built in 1950, and started out as a small fruit stand in the midst of Doles pineapple fields.
Facts & Trivia
- Island: Oahu
- Duration: Approximately 30 minutes.
- Amenities: Snacks and fresh pineapple to sample and purchase. Pre-packaged pineapple for shipping home are available for your convenience.
- Insider Tip: Inside the gift shop is a variety of pineapple made treats. Snacks like the delicious Dole Whip drive visitors wild. Be sure to pick up a package of the Pineapple Crunch. You’ll thank us later!
- Fun Fact: The Dole Pineapple Pavilion features a variety of pineapple species, grown all over the world! Did you happen to spot the pink pineapple?
- What to Expect: A world of pineapples! Check out the garden to see a variety of pineapple species.