Byodo In Temple
One of Oahus most serene, relaxing landmarks, tucked against the beautiful Ko’olau Mountains in the Valley of the Temples Memorial. The temple is a replica of a 950-year-old Buddhist place of worship in Uji, Kyoto, Japan. Hawaiis Byodo In temple is surround by koi ponds and was built without nails. Admission fees to the temple grounds are included with all our tours.
To commemorate the 100 year anniversary of the first Japanese immigrants to arrive in Hawaii, the Byodo-In Temple was established on June 7, 1968.
Byodo in Temple
- Island: Oahu
- Duration: Approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Amenities: Restrooms, Gift Shop, Fish food for koi.
- Insider Tip: Drop fish food in the pond and take photos of the feeding frenzy!
- Fun Fact: The Bon-Sho, or Sacred Bell, closely resembles the Uji Byodo-In bell and weighs three tons!
- What to Expect: Amida Buddha, a unique golden Buddha over 9 feet tall. A tranquil Meditation Pavilion. Koi fish, peacocks, black swans, turtles, frogs.
- Pop Culture: Hawaii’s Byodo-In Temple was used in the movie ‘Pearl Harbor’ as a stand in for the actual temple in Japan. Other notable film and television appearances include Magnum PI, Hawaii 5-0, and LOST.
- Map Link: loadEmbeds();
Contact Hawaii Tours
Oahu Tours Waikiki Hawaii
We are expanding our Hawaii Tours to include more Maui Tours like famous Maui luaus, snorkeling tours, ziplines, and more adventures over at www.mauiticketsforless.com