Mt. Haleakala, the House of the Rising Sun, is home to some of Hawaiis best local farms. At an elevation of 4,000 feet on the gentle slopes of Mauis famous mountain, Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm features more than just 55,000 lavender plants. Youll also find beautiful protea plants, olive trees, avocado, exotic plants and more. But lavender is what AKL does best, they’ll prove it in the fields and in their gift shop! Discover a huge variety of lavender-infused products, and dont forget to try the Lavender Herbal Tea with a Lavender Scone!
With the recent passing of Mr. Alii Chang, the Alii Kula Lavender Farm looks forward to continues his dream of sharing Aloha with all. The farms founding principle is to encourage a healthy, active lifestyle through love, friendship, rejuvenation and responsibility.
Facts & Trivia
- Island: Maui
- Amenities: Gift shop, self-guided tours, restrooms.
- Insider Tip: There are a number of Lavender varities, try and find all of the types at the farm.
- Fun Fact: Lavender wasnt the first plant grown here, it arrived as a gift from a friend in 2001.
- What to Expect: Lavender and Protea plants, and a lesson on Lavender
- Pop Culture: Oprah’s home in Kula Town happens to be next door to the AKL Farm.