Winter Hours Now in Effect for Oahu State Parks
The winter season in Honolulu has descended upon us. While that doesn’t mean we’ll be seeing snow in Hawaii anytime soon, there are a few changes that will affect the general population, like hours of operation for local state parks.
New HoursFrom September 6 through early 2012, the following Oahu State Parks will be open from 7am – 6:45pm, according to the Department of Land and Natural Resources.Which parks are affected?
- Ka Iwi Scenic Shoreline including Makapu’u lighthouse, Honolulu
- Kahana Valley State Park (Coconut Grove), Kahana
- Keaiwa Heiau State Recreation Area, Aiea
- Malaekahana State Recreation Area, Kahuku
- Pu’u Ualaka’a State Wayside, Makiki
- Sand Island State Recreation Area, Honolulu
- Wa’ahila Ridge State Recreation Area, Honolulu
- Wahiawa Freshwater State Recreation Area, Wahiawa