Sheraton Waikiki Welcomes Chinese Guests with New Program
Overall, the program, known as the Starwood Personalized Travel experience, features special amenities. The company has recognized the opportunity to serve Chinese tourists as their role in the tourism industry economy continues to grow significantly.Guests will find tailored experiences during their stay, including guest room amenities, translation services, and Chinese cuisine.
Amenities of the Starwood Personalized Travel program include…
- Tea kettles
- Chinese television programs
- Chinese breakfast with dim sum, noodles and rice porridge.
A Message from Starwood“Our properties in Hawaii have been working hard to prepare for Chinese visitors, including extensive employee training about Chinese culture and practices as well as proper business protocol in order to meet the needs and expectations of our guests,” said Keith Vieira, senior vice president and director of operations for Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Hawaii and French Polynesia, in a statement in July, 2011.
More Amenities…The program, which was developed with Starwood’s Chinese executive team, also includes:
- In-hotel Chinese Specialist to assist with everything from translation assistance to arranging transportation.
- Translated materials including information on local shopping, sightseeing and key hotel information.
- Hotel restaurants will feature a Chinese-friendly menu with items like congee (porridge), noodles and rice.