Tips for Visiting Sea Life Park
Hawaii has many interesting tourist locations and Sea Life Park, located in Waimanalo Oahu, is definitely one worth exploring. Of course, it isn’t as large as many of the parks in the Mainland US, but there are some fantastically special attractions. Here are some top tips for getting the most out of your visit!
1. Watch the movie “50 First Dates” as the film is set and filmed at the Park and on the island nearby. In fact, Adam Sandler’s character plays a veterinarian who works at the park while many of the animals you’ll be seeing are featured. Not only is it a decent flick, but you’ll be able to recognize many of the locations in the park and around town!
2. The park has a number of shows throughout the day. One great idea is to get to the park early and watch them in order, getting the most out of your admission. You can find a full schedule of events here http://www.sealifeparkhawaii.com/attractions.asp.
3. Much of the park is uncovered, so dress appropriately. This means light clothing that you won’t overheat in, hats, glasses, and sun block for the sun, and possibly a covering in case it rains.
4. There are all day refills on the Souvenir Cups! On hot days especially they can be extremely cost-effective!
5. The Dolphin Cove Show is great, but to get the best experience possible you really want to swim with them! You get to ride the dolphin, pulled around by its fin, and pet and rub its belly with photos! Just be sure to bring your own towel and swimsuit. Or, if you prefer, try out the Shark Trek Adventure at the Sea Life Park Shark Tank or Sea Lion Swim Adventure.
6. Try out the luau at Sea Life Park! This nighttime luau features the world-famous Chief Sielu and offers a thrilling performance including Hula, Hawaiian crafts, fire making, and award-winning Fire-Kife Dancing—not to mention some of the most amazing food you’ll eat on the island. Don’t want to hang out at the park all day? Discover Hawaii Tours will happily pick you up from Waikiki and take you to the luau after presenting you with three complimentary drink tickets!
Written By: Leo Malagon