Pearl Harbor Tours From Maui: Historic Island Hopping
What would you do for a day trip if you hopped from Maui to Oahu? In a recent blog we explored the benefits of Hawaii island hopping packages. So today let’s look a bit deeper at two of them. Oahu has some pretty amazing things you just can’t see on Maui. Pearl Harbor tours from Maui are a great idea for a day trip!If you would like more time to explore Pearl Harbor at your own pace, our Battleships of WWII Tour visits Pearl Harbor’s three most popular sites! The tour starts at the Pearl Harbor Visitors Center where you can learn about Pearl Harbor’s history and check out its exhibits. You’ll see the compelling film about the attack which features actual footage and take the ferry out to the historic Arizona Memorial. Then head over to Ford Island for the guided deck tour of the Battleship Missouri, where afterwards you’ll have time explore her lower decks! It doesn’t stop there though… We pair the Pearl Harbor experience with a chance to see Honolulu and absorb its rich history!
Pearl Harbor Tours from Maui:Representing one of the most significant days in American history, the attack on Pearl Harbor will long be remembered throughout the world. With so much history, museums, and exhibits to explore, our Complete Pearl Harbor Tour from Maui will offer you the most comprehensive experience. Highlights of the Complete Pearl Harbor Tour from Maui:
- The Pearl Harbor Visitors Center – Meet actual WWII survivors, see historical exhibits, find souvenirs, and enjoy local snacks!
- USS Arizona Memorial – Start with compelling film featuring actual footage from December 7 attack, then ferry out to the memorial.
- USS Missouri Battleship – Take a guided deck tour and explore “Mighty Mo!”
- Pacific Aviation Museum on Ford Island – Tour an active restoration shop and see the collection of fully restored aircraft representing the last 80 years of military aviation.
- USS Bowfin Submarine Museum – Learn about this submarine’s rise to fame to become the “Pearl Harbor Avenger.”
- USS Oklahoma Memorial – Remember fallen heroes at this recently dedicated memorial.