Military Appreciation Day at the Honolulu Zoo
The City and County of Honolulu is hosting a Military Appreciation Day at the Honolulu Zoo, all military card ID holders can enjoy free entrance to the zoo on Saturday, May 19, 2012.
Military Appreciation Day at Honolulu Zoo Free entry with military ID Saturday, May 19th 2012 From 9am until 2pmIf you’re planning on visiting the zoo for free this day, please remember a few things:
- You must present your military card ID (includes retirees and National Guard)
- You must enter at Monsarrat Gate Six, across from the Kapiolani Park Bandstand
- Free entry only until 2:00 pm
More than a trip to the zooAside from witnessing some of the world’s greatest creatures at the Honolulu Zoo, located near the Kapiolani Park in Waikiki, the event will feature live entertainment from a variety of performers and presenters.
Here’s the schedule for the day:
- 9:15 am – Royal Hawaiian Band
- 10:15 am – Peter Carlisle, Mayor of Honolulu
- 10:20 am – Chamber of Commerce of Hawaii
- 10:25 am – Outrigger Enterprises
- 10:30 am – the Marine Band
- 11:00 am – Chaotic Five
- 11:45 am – hula halau
- 12:15 pm – Island Storm
- 1:15 pm Odyssey
What about transportation to the Zoo?Included are bus shuttles to the Zoo from the following locations:
- Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam (NEX parking lot southeast end near the white tent). Call Gaylene Vedder at 423-3215
- Marine Corps Base Hawaii at Kaneohe Bay, call Sgt. Daniel Woodall at 257-8832.
- Schofield Barracks, call Amanda Montgomery at 655-0002