5 Things to Do While You’re In Maui
Maui is a beautiful island. Most popular for honeymooners, it’s also a great destination for any traveler. Whether you’re with your sweetie, your family or even alone, here are some ideas on what to do while you’re in Maui!
- First, you have to check out the beaches. Maui has some fantastic beaches and it’s great just to walk along the coastline of Kanapali or Lahaina. You’ll find surf lessons, beach bums and daiquiris along the way. Set aside a beach day to soak up some sun and spend time walking from resort to resort.
- One of Maui’s most famous attractions is the road to Hana. Maui’s Hana is a sleepy town on the eastern side of the island. It’s cute and quaint, but the road to Hana is what draws so many visitors. The road is up in the mountains and includes hundreds of tight turns and one-way bridges. While you may not want to drive it yourself, the road is too beautiful to miss. Waterfalls and rainforest flank the roadside as you make your way to Hana. Book a tour with an experienced driver on DiscoverHawaiiTours.com.
- Downtown Lahaina is a relaxing way to kill a day in Maui. This old fishing village is full of shops and restaurants for tourists and locals alike. You’ll want to stop in and purchase an aloha shirt or other authentic wares. An outdoor mall features artisans selling things you’ll only find in Hawaii.
- A luau is a great way to spend your evening in Maui. The Old Lahaina Luau is the perfect place to take in a show and a delicious authentic Hawaiian meal. You’ll be treated to cocktail hour as the sun sets over the ocean. Then you’ll dine on a delicious authentic pig roast. Finally, take in the show with fire dancing and hula that tell the history of the islands and the Polynesian people.
- If you’re into craft beer, be sure to make a stop at Maui Brewing Co. This brewery is delicious but tough to find in the states. Unless you live in California, you likely don’t have access to these beers. Take it in at their tap room or in a tasting room just behind the actual brewery. The staff are friendly and the beer is authentically Hawaiian!
Whatever you decide to do in Maui, you really can’t go wrong. It’s a beautiful island with lots to offer—plan ahead so you don’t let your time there slip by! Call Discover Hawaii Tours at 808-670-3743.
Written By: Leo Malagon