Hawaii Statehood Day 2011: What’s Closed? What’s Open?
This Friday, August 19, the State of Hawaii celebrates its 52nd anniversary of statehood in America.
Here’s a few things you should remember while out-and-about on Friday.
- All state government offices will be closed, including Satellite City Halls.
- All federal government offices will be open.
- Honolulu’s public transit, TheBus, operates on a holiday schedule.
- Trash and refuse schedules will continue as usual.
- Mail delivery will continue as usual.
Hawaii Visitor attractions will be open:
- Parks and recreation centers
- Municipal golf courses
- Botanical gardens
- Honolulu Zoo
If you’re driving, take note…
- Street parking if FREE, with the exception of Kalakaua Ave along Kapiolani Park.
- Parking in tow away zones is allowed where the signs say “except holidays”.