A Quick Guide to Sea Kayaking In Hawaii (Part 2)
A Hawaii vacation isn’t complete without some eco adventure sports. Hawaii has a lot of options in this arena including both water sports and the likes of hiking and more. Hawaii sea kayaking is a popular vacation activity and also popular with the locals. If you’re ready to go on your sea kayaking adventure, read the tips below for what to bring and what to expect.
- Dressing for your sea kayaking tour is all about layering. You’ll want to wear a bathing suit as your first layer in case you take an intentional (or unintentional) dip in the water. You will also want comfortable shorts, a tshirt or tank top and possibly a hat.
- Think about sun protection. When you’re on the water, you’ll be completely exposed to the strong Hawaiian sun. Be sure to lather up with sun block that’s waterproof. Grab your sunglasses and a hat and you’re ready to go.
- Shoes should be something that’s water-friendly. You want something that’s mesh so you can get wet but also be able to dry out and breath.
- Bring plenty of water and even a few snacks. Even if your tour provides lunch, snacks are a good idea. Out on the water, you’ll be working hard. If the currents aren’t moving, you’ll have to paddle extra to get where you’re going. A granola bar may be sorely needed after a long morning of work.
- Finally, you may consider a set of dry clothes to leave on the bus or in your car. That way you’ll have something clean and dry to change into should you get wet on your kayaking adventure.
Hawaii has a lot to offer those who want some action out of their vacations. Kayaking is just one of many options in Hawaiian adventure sports. If you’re looking for more ideas of what to do while you’re in Hawaii, visit DiscoverHawaiiTours.com. Here you’ll find all sorts of tours with some more adventurous than others. You can look into Hawaii rafting, snorkeling, sailing and more. Enjoy your adventure and be sure to follow the tips above. Dressing comfortably and being prepared for your day on the water is all about safety. Make sure you are well prepared so that you can enjoy your tour and won’t be missing something or wishing you had sunscreen on once you’re already pink and uncomfortable.
Enjoy the journey! Hawaii has a lot of tropical drinks and lounging to offer, but you won’t regret getting up and being active on this fun tour.
Written By: Leo Malagon