What Wildlife Should You Expect To See On A Hawaiian Snorkeling Tour?
Have you ever wondered what sorts of wildlife you might see along a Hawaiian snorkel adventure through Discover Hawaii Tours? Well look no further because this is the tour guide for you. In this guide we will briefly go over the sorts of marine life you will encounter that can be seen within the natural habitats of Hawaii. There are so many different types, and each Hawaiian location offers a unique ecosystem. So whether you are heading out to the Hanauma Bay, the Kealakekua Bay, or some place more specific, a snorkeling session in Hawaii is guaranteed to thrill. Here are some of the most common forms of marine life that you will likely encounter:
1. Manta Rays- Unlike their aggressive cousins (Eagle Rays and Stingrays) Manta rays do not have an active stinger. These creatures primarily eat plankton, and can have a wingspan of over 20 feet. They are generally found along the Kohala Coast, and are not typically aggressive towards humans.
2. Dolphins- If you are heading out on a Hawaiian snorkeling tour, then you will no doubt come across a few of these wonderful creatures. Dolphins have lived in the Pacific waters of Hawaii as long as humanity can remember. Their company has always been a pleasant one, as they are friendly and playful by nature.
3. Humpback Whales- Thousands of these massive creatures migrate to the warm waters of Hawaii every year throughout the periods of November -March. Although it is not considered safe to swim next to them, tourists experiencing a snorkel or whale watching tour may gaze upon them from afar.
4. Sea Turtles- While snorkeling through the deep Hawaiian waters, you may come across a few of these incredible creatures. Sea turtles are omnivorous, but almost never aggressive towards humans. They stick close to the seaweed for most of their life, but will occasionally come up to the surface for air. Tourists on a snorkel tour can swim alongside them and be a part of this once in a lifetime Hawaiian experience.
5. The Many Varieties of Fish- During any snorkel or Hawaiian ocean tour you will no doubt encounter an overabundant variety of fish types. From Hawaii’s state fish the humuhumunukunukuapuaa to the bandit angel fish, the waters of Hawaii have it all.
All of these magnificent marine creatures can be found along the tours offered through Discover Hawaii Tours.
“Mahalo nui loa” and Thank you very much.
Written By: Leo Malagon