We are pleased to introduce the History of Hawaii Timeline Project. Using Facebook’s Timeline feature, we decided to share milestone moments in Hawaii’s unique history. Check it out on our Facebook page.
History of Hawaii: 1758 – Present
Starting with the year 1758—when Hawaii’s first king, Kamehameha I, was born on the Big Island—to present-day Hawaii 2012, we’ll be sharing important dates and milestone events throughout the history of the Hawaiian Kingdom.
To truly understand Hawaii, it is important to gain perspective about Hawaii’s history. Our goal with the History of Hawaii Timeline Project is to help others understand how and why Hawaii exists the way it does today.
Stay tuned—be sure to Like us on Facebook. And please contact us via Facebook if have any suggestions. Aloha from Discover Hawaii Tours!
About the author
Jonah Kaimana is a blogger and social media specialist at Discover Hawaii Tours. Jonah was born and raised on the island of Oahu and writes about company news and related updates. Jonah loves sharing the wonders of Hawaii with readers around the world. Read more of Jonah's blog posts.
- » Hawaii Events: Wanderlust Oahu 2013
- » Hawaii National Park Celebrates 50th Anniversary with Festival
- » Apple's iPad: How to pack less and travel freely on a Hawaiian vacation
- » Hawaiian Air Continues to Rank First in On-time Flight Arrivals
- » What To Do In Waikiki: Fun Ideas For Your Hawaiian Vacation