By Jonah Kaimana | February 20, 2012
Hawaii’s largest newspaper, the Honolulu Star-Advertiser, published a company profile on Discover Hawaii Tours on Sunday, February 19, 2012.
The paper interviewed our Quality Assurance Manager, Michael Gurnas, who talked about what we do here at Discover Hawaii Tours, as well as company goals and customer service.
“We are a small company. We believe in acknowledging individuals and being attentive to their needs,” Michael told the newspaper.
- All guides undergo an intense two-week training course
- Tour guides are knowledgeable of Hawaiian culture, tradition, ecology, geography and folklore
- Our tours are limited to 24 people per bus (no huge buses here!)
- A major key to our success is providing personalized attention to every client
- You can book tours via a hotel concierge, one of our phone reservation agents, or on our website
“Discover Hawaii Tours is a fun, family-oriented place to work where people are treated like individuals,” Michael told the newspaper.
Working in a friendly, welcoming environment is one of the reasons why we love doing what we do best: showing you around our beautiful islands!
Our Online Presence
Another aspect of our company that the Star-Advertiser featured is our online presence. As you may already know, we’ve put a lot of effort into our website, social media, and more. Check out the many places we’re active on the web:
- The Hawaii Blog is updated regularly
- The Hawaii Travel Guide is a invaluable resource for all travelers
- The Hawaii Gift Shop showcases hundreds of gifts and souvenirs
- Discover Hawaii News features updates about Hawaii- and travel-related stories
- We’re on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, Foursquare, YouTube, Google+, Instagram, and TourWrist (to name a handful)
Mahalo to the Star-Advertiser for featuring us in Sunday’s newspaper!