We, at Discover Hawaii News, love photography! Especially when it comes to pictures of our beautiful home. Check out our Flickr account for some inspiration before you submit your photos to the APEC 2011 Photo Contest!
Here are the details on the APEC 2011 Photo Contest, Straight from their website.
WHO MAY ENTER
The competition is open to all photographers (professional or amateur).
Entrants must be citizens or permanent residents of APEC member economies
(Australia; Brunei Darussalam; Canada; Chile; People’s Republic of China; Hong Kong, China; Indonesia; Japan; Republic of Korea; Malaysia; Mexico; New Zealand; Papua New Guinea; Peru; Philippines; Russia; Singapore; Chinese Taipei; Thailand; United States; Viet Nam)
HOW TO ENTER
Each entry consists of an application form and one (or up to three) image(s). Entrants should keep copies of the material submitted as entry will not be returned. There is no entrance fee for this contest.
All entrants must register for the competition by completing and submitting the official application form and certify that the photo is their own and copyrights have not been violated. Photo entries will be disqualified without proper completion of the application form.
1. The photo can be taken by any kind of camera. The photo should be at least 2,000 pixels at the longest side of the image.
2. All entries must be sent as hi-resolution digital image files in JPEG with minimal compression. Each image should not exceed 3 MB.
3. Minimal digital manipulation (i.e. only manipulations such as color enhancement, cropping) is allowed. Excessively manipulated photos will be disqualified.
4. The photo cannot be a photomontage or a collage.
5. The photo must be submitted electronically along with the completed application form (attached to the email) and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. The submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including publicity and intellectual property rights.
7. Each entrant is allowed a maximum of three submissions.
Entry period: 1 September 2011 – 10 October 2011
Competition deadline: 10 October 2011, 11:59PM (GMT +08:00) Singapore Time
10 photos will be shortlisted and posted in the album (APEC 2011 Photo Contest: Your Vote) on the APEC Facebook page on 17 October 2011 at 10:00AM (GMT +08:00) Singapore Time for public voting.
The two week-long voting period will commence from 17 October 2011, 10:00AM (GMT +08:00) Singapore Time to 31 October 2011, 11:59PM (GMT +08:00) Singapore Time
The three jury winners and one popular choice winner will be announced on the APEC website and on APEC’s Facebook and Twitter pages on 7 November 2011.
Each photo will evaluated based on the following criteria:.
a) Relevance to the contest themes
b) Interpretation, creativity and the message of the photo
c) The photo composition and the quality of the photo
Based on these criteria, the top 10 photos will be passed to the jury. The jury will make the final decision on first, second and third prizes.
The decisions of APEC’s judging panel are final and binding.
The Secretariat reserves the right to disqualify any photo submission that does not conform to the stipulated rules and guidelines.
The Popular Choice Award winner will be based on a vote by the public via www.facebook.com/APECnews page.