Waimanalo Beach Park
About Waimanalo Beach Park
Gently sloping sandy shores dip into the ocean as the soft Hawaiian breezes keeps you cool on a hot summer day. Thats Waimanalo Beach Park, a treasured South Shore Oahu beach thats enjoyed by residents and tourists every day. Youll find three miles and 75 acres of white sands, towering palms and the friendliest people on the islands.
Pass by during a weekday and youd be hard-pressed to find a whole lot of people, but come during the weekends and youll find crowds of people enjoying this peaceful retreat from morning all the way through the night! Waimanalo Beach Park is the perfect getaway on Oahu, the prize of a rural town and the crown of white sandy beaches of Hawaii.
In April of 1921, dozens of acres of beachfront land in the Waimanalo area were set aside to create a public park called Waimanalo Beach Park.
Facts & Trivia
- Island: Oahu
- Duration: 10-15 minutes, time permitting.
- Amenities: Our tours stop here mainly for photo opportunities, but restrooms are available.
- Insider Tip: Take advantage of uncrowded beach on the weekdays. On weekends it fills up with beachgoers, barbeques, and family gatherings.
- Fun Fact: The forested areas of Waimanalo Beach Park give swimmers shaded refuge when the sun gets too hot.
- What to Expect: Local fisherman, roadside produce stands, soft, white sand, and clear blue ocean.
- Pop Culture: Waimanalo Beach has been used as a filming location for Baywatch Hawaii and Magnum P.I.
- Map Link: loadEmbeds();