About Wailua Falls
Just past Hana Town on the beautiful Hana Highway is the majestic Wailua Falls. Cascading over 200 feet into a shimmering pond, the falls infuse the air with a fresh tropical fragrance. Watch as rainbows form while the wind carries mist through the sun’s rays. (Photo: pkmousie/Flickr)
Over the course of hundreds of thousands of years streams have been carving their way through the valleys of Maui to form majestic waterfalls like Wailua Falls. Maui is known as “The Valley Isle” making it home to many beautiful waterfalls.
Facts & Trivia
- Island: Maui
- Duration: 10 - 15 minutes
- Amenities: Photo opportunities.
- Insider Tip: Depending on recent rains, the flow and volume of Wailua Falls may change. If it's been raining recently in Hana Town, expect a spectacular sight!
- What to Expect: Stunning natural scenery, lush tropical rainforest, great vacation photos, and an amazing view!
- Pop Culture: Wailua Falls was featured in the opening credits of the "Fantasy Island" television series.