About Puohokamoa Falls
Cascading over a 200-foot cliff is Lower Puohokamoa Falls, tucked away from the Hana Highway. In fact, many people only stop to see the smaller of the two falls, Upper Puohokamoa, and leave without seeing the best part of all. A short walk along an easily accessible path takes you to the spectacular waterfall tumbling over a tall green cliff. The falls are best seen from the Puohokamoa Lookout Point. Nearby on the Hana Highway is Kaumahina State Park and Keanae Lookout. (Photo: Will Scullin/Flickr)
At just over 2,000 feet elevation, the nearby Puohokamoa Stream splits into three branches: west, middle, and east, some 5 miles from the northeast Maui coast.
Facts & Trivia
- Island: Maui
- Duration: About 10-15 minutes.
- Amenities: Restrooms, picnic tables, trash cans.
- Insider Tip: Puohokamoa Falls was once closed to the public in the past, please be advised that public access may not be guaranteed at all times.
- Fun Fact: Some of the parks best waterfalls require a little hiking, but its worth it!
- What to Expect: Stunning waterfalls and Haleakala Rainforest