About Lanikai Beach
Nestled behind the Kaiwa Ridge in Kailua, Lanikai Beach has been a favorite spot for tourists and locals alike. Often ranked on “top ten beaches” lists for it’s white sands, blue waters, and picturesque Mokulua Islands just offshore, Lanikai Beach has become one of the most recognizable beaches in Hawaii.For these scenic reasons, Lanikai Beach is a popular spot for photographers to snap photos of the sun and moon rising, and also for newlyweds to take wedding photos.One visit to Lanikai Beach will have you convinced it is one of the most beautiful places you have ever been!
The area of Lanikai just south of Kailua Beach has some of the nicest homes on the island. Beach accesses, a golf course, and the Mokulua Islands just offshore make this neighborhood one of the most desirable places to live in Hawaii.
Facts & Trivia
- Island: Oahu
- Amenities: Restrooms and showers are located at the nearby Lanikai Park, but are not always open.
- Insider Tip: Be sure to park friendly! There is no parking lot, only street parking in this residential neighborhood.
- Fun Fact: Wally Amos of "Famous Amos" cookies is a resident of Lanikai.
- What to Expect: Soft white sand, crystal clear turquoise water, gentle waves, and excellent photo opportunities of the Mokulua Islands.
- Pop Culture: Lanikai Beach was named #5 best beach in the National Geographic book: The 10 Best Everything.