About La’ie Point
No words can truly describe the beauty of Laie Pointyou just have to see it for yourself! Enjoy breathtaking views of the North Shore to the Windward coast, locals leisurely fishing for the catch of the day, and the famous puka island with a hole in its center! Step carefully and enjoy some of Oahus most spectacular ocean views. La’ie Point is located near the Polynesian Cultural Center!
Hawaiian legend says that a giant lizard, or moo, once patrolled this section of land. The lizard, Laniloa, once battled a man named Kana. The man easily won, despite the lizards reputation for taking the lives of passerbys. Kana divided the body of Laniloa into five pieces, which are now the five off-shore islands near Laie point.
Facts & Trivia
- Island: Oahu
- Duration: Tours may stop about 10-20 minutes depending on time and parking.
- Insider Tip: Look to the cliffs on the right near the houses, you might see local kids cliff diving into the ocean!
- Fun Fact: In 1946, the hole in the distinctive arched island was punched out by a tsunami.
- What to Expect: Gorgeous, unforgettable views on Oahu's Windward and North Shore.
- Pop Culture: Seen in the movie Forgetting Sarah Marshall when Mila Kunis and Jason Segel jumped off a cliff into the ocean.