Kaumahina State Park
About Kaumahina State Park
Near Hana Town along the Hana Highway is a gorgeous 8-acre location called Kaumahina State Park, where exotic Hawaiian plants, hiking trails and coastal views spoil visitors with their beauty. (Photo: blipsman on Flickr)
Out over the ocean views is Ke’anae Peninsula, formed by a prehistoric lava flow that travelled down Keanae Valley from Mt. Haleakala to the sea.
Facts & Trivia
- Island: Maui
- Duration: 10-15 minute stop.
- Amenities: Restroom, picture opportunities.
- Insider Tip: Look for signage that signifies exotic plant names and information.
- Fun Fact: For many people on the Road to Hana, this is the place to have a picnic lunch.
- What to Expect: Endemic plants and coastal views