About Kalakaua Avenue
Commonly referred to as the “Waikiki Strip” Kalakaua Avenue is the main thoroughfare of Waikiki Beach. It is almost impossible to see Waikiki without journeying down Kalakaua Avenue.
Nearly every point of interest in Waikiki is located off of Kalakaua Avenue. From Waikiki’s first hotel, The Moana Surfrider Hotel and the famous International Marketplace to The Duke Statue and Kuhio Beach Park.
Once populated with general stores and horse drawn carriages, today Kalakaua Avenue is lined with luxurious hotels, stores of all types, restaurants, and lots of people.
Kalakaua Avenue connects the Ala Moana Beach Park area and Kapiolani Park to make the most bustling parts of the island.
Facts & Trivia
- Island: Oahu
- Amenities: Hotels, restaurants, bars, nightclubs, beach rentals, shopping, shopping, more shopping, and convenience stores.
- Insider Tip: Catch the Waikiki fireworks every Friday night at 7:45 and go for a walk down Kalakaua Avenue to experience the vibrant Waikiki nightlife. And dont forget to
- Fun Fact: Be sure to check out the Natorium War Memorial near the Waikiki Aquarium and Kapiolani Park.
- What to Expect: You should expect the center of Hawaii tourism while out in Waikiki. And maybe a little bit of the unexpected.
- Pop Culture: Kalakaua Avenue is a often included in parades and marathons which end in Kapiolani Park.