About Kailua Beach
Soft sand and luxurious oceanfront homes line this 2.5 mile crescent shaped beach popular among locals for morning walks and family days at the beach. The outer reefs of Kailua Bay shelter the shore from large waves making this beach perfect for kids to go swimming. Flat Island (Popoia Island) is located in Kailua Bay and is a popular spot for kayakers. The gentle waters of Kailua Bay offer excellent snorkeling, kayaking, and stand-up paddling conditions, making Kailua Beach a great place for ocean activities. The amenities found at Kailua Beach-Park make Kailua Beach a favorite for visitors and locals. The nearby Lanikai Beach is another beautiful beach in Kailua.
The dominant trade winds of Kailua Beach are excellent for kite and wind surfing. In fact, during the 1980′s Kailua Beach was one of the most popular spots for Hobie Cat sailing in the world.
Facts & Trivia
- Island: Oahu
- Duration: 30 Minutes on our Hidden Waterfall Hike; 2 Hours during our Kayak & Zipline Adventure.
- Amenities: Parking, restrooms, and showers can be found at Kailua Beach Park. Or there is ample parking on the street near the many public beach accesses in this residential neighborhood.
- Insider Tip: Start your day with an early morning walk to watch an unforgettable sunrise over the Mokulua Islands.
- Fun Fact: Kailua Beach has been named the finest beach in America by "Dr. Beach" in years past.
- What to Expect: White sands, blue water, gentle waves, and friendly locals.
- Pop Culture: President Obama and the First Family stay at an oceanfront estate on Kailua Beach when visiting Hawaii.