About Kailua-Beach Park
On the south end of the beautiful Kailua Beach, the Kailua Beach-Park is a popular spot for ocean activities and families because of its parking lot, lifeguards, and facilities. Covered pavilions and picnic tables in the park make it a perfect place for a picnic and outdoor activities.Tide pools at the base of Lanikai Point are a great way for young ones to explore the marine wildlife of Hawaii.
For the last 30 years Kailua Beach-Park has been the center of ocean activities in Kailua. World Champion windsurfer and kitesurfer Robby Naish calls Kailua home and often launches from Kailua Beach-Park.
Facts & Trivia
- Island: Oahu
- Duration: 30 Minutes on our Hidden Waterfall Hike; 2 Hours during our Kayak & Zipline Adventure.
- Amenities: Parking, restrooms, showers, photo opportunities, and the famous Buzz's Restaurant is just across the street.
- Insider Tip: Kalapawai Market near the entrance to Kailua Beach Park is the best place to stock a cooler before a fun day at the beach.
- Fun Fact: Kailua Beach Park is home to the Kailua Canoe Club which races outrigger canoes, an ancient Hawaiian pastime.
- What to Expect: White sands, blue water, gentle waves, shade from trees in the park, and friendly locals.
- Pop Culture: The nearby shop "Island Snow" is a great spot to grab beachwear and cool off with a delicious shave ice, which is a favorite island treat of the Obama family.