About Ilikai Hotel
Resting on the edge of Waikiki near the Hilton Hawaiian Village and the Grand Waikikian Hotel, the Ilikai Hotel is one of the most established hotels in the area. Comprised of hotel rooms and condominiums, having a stay at the Ilikai Hotel is something many vacationers, including Ronald and Nancy Reagan have done.
The Ilikai Hotel is now managed by the Aqua Hotels and Resorts, who own approximately 15 hotels in Waikiki, including the Aqua Wave Waikiki.
Tour Pick-Up Location:Taking a tour? If you’re staying at the Ilikai Hotel, we’ll pick you up at the flag poles in front of the Ilikai, fronting Ala Moana Blvd.
When the Ilikai Hotel first opened in 1964, it was the first luxury high rise hotel in Hawaii. Setting the stage for modern amenities and luxuries of the time, the Ilikai Hotel became an instant Hawaiian landmark.
After recent renovations, the Ilikai Hotel continues to be one of the most desired hotels to stay at on Waikiki Beach.
Facts & Trivia
- Island: Oahu
- Amenities: Day spa and lounge, CrossFit training center, fabulous shopping, swimming pool, hot tub, Sarento's rooftop restaurant, and rooms with full kitchens.
- Insider Tip: Be sure to take a ride up the external glass elevator to the top and check out Sarento's restaurant.
- Fun Fact: The man who designed the Ilikai Hotel, John Graham Jr. also designed the Seattle Space Needle.
- What to Expect: Stunning ocean an marina views, easy access to Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon, and live local music at the patio bar and grille.
- Pop Culture: The Ilikai Hotel is featured in the opening credits of the classic television show "Hawaii 5-O" when character Steve McGarrett is standing on the balcony of a penthouse room and a helicopter flies over him.